Monday, November 17, 2008

Outback SteakHouse - Nampa

Please note that your visit may produce better results than mine. Cooks can have a bad day, as can the restaurant. (Of course this is where a good manager or another form of quality control comes in. Meals should be inspected before they are severed to insure that they meet at least standards.)
It might be a cook that was in training or he might just be having an off day. The server could be having an off day.

We were greeted well and quickly seated in one of their booths. My advice at these booths. Make sure that you seat yourself to either the inside or outside of the booth. If you sit in the middle, and you are tall like me, you head will meet their low hanging lights.

We both got iced tea. (My first pet peeve. Why cant local restaurants offer pre-sweetened iced tea?) What was supposed to be iced tea arrived with very little ice in it. When I asked our waitress to please bring us some ice, she made the excuse that the ice just melted very fast. (Somehow I doubt that the laws of physics missed this place, which caused their ice to melt faster than others restaurants ice.)

The 2nd refill that was brought to us came out in a hot mug. (My first indication on their problem. Why would anyone serve iced tea in a hot mug?) The mug had cracked in several places.

I ordered a hickory burger, which was to have some nice bacon on it along with melted cheese and a tasty hickory sauce. When the waitress served it, I immediately noticed bacon looked very close to raw. I had to get the waitress to take this back and replace it with some cooked bacon.

The hamburger was over cooked, dry and almost tasteless. The hickory sauce was almost non-existent. I did like the way that the wait staff either knelt at the tables or sat with you in your booth, or at your table when they took your order. This makes it feel more like they are involved and care, than just staff that hovers over your table like a Gestapo agent.

So to sum up, my visit to the Outback Steakhouse was very disappointing. Out of a possible 10 points, I would have to give them a pretty dismal 1.

No comments: